Thursday, February 2, 2012

Is life supposed to be this challenging at 63?

Dear Family and Friends,

How wonderful it is to write those words, on days like this to have a dear family that I love with my whole heart and friends who honestly care, well it means a whole lot.

Last night was one of those nights when sleep just would not come.  I fell asleep instantly at first but then woke with just too much on my mind, bad things happening, injustices taking place, changes and stress from not getting all my work completed, I'm so far behind its just scary.

So I finally climbed out of the warm covers, pulled some clothes on and came down and worked for two hours in the office, completing a report that was needed and getting the Magic Jack Plus phone line to work for the business line.  I'm moving from a $31 a month charge with ACN to $1.95 a month with Magic Jack Plus, what is not to love and thats free long distance anywhere in the US, free directory assistance, free call forwarding and very clear calls.  I know because I have it on the house line already and its great.  Finally someone was able to make it happen.  That was progress.  At about 2 am I headed back to bed and was able to sleep until 7.

Gerry and I drove about an hour to our first house, that went smoothly, then drove to Fairfield to meet Roger Peden for a wonderful lunch.  He is such an inspiration and it was simply great to catch up. 

Then we got back in the VW and headed to Hayward where we arrived early for a 3 pm appointment.  We found two little houses on one large parcel with a huge garden growing on the back of the site.  It took awhile to find the comps but we eventually were able to head home.  Enjoying the car pool lane for the first time in months we got home quickly and found Barbie had dinner ready.  It was simply wonderful.  This morning before I left I started a loaf of bread baking in the machine so Barbie had taken it out when it signalled it was done, taste tested it (she found it good) and cut it up.  So we had slices of fresh bread with dinner.  Her cutlets were great and along with a little baked potato and peas, well it was heavenly.  She has the bathrooms shining, the sinks shining, the rugs freshly washed and the kitchen in order.  Keanna was right, Barbie knows how to do everything.

During the day I started to cough more and more and have a sore throat this evening, don't feel great so plan to go to bed now and get some sleep.  In the morning I have to write a report before I leave for the field where I'm seeing three more before limping home tomorrow night, beat and worn out.

Please continue to pray that God will guide in all that we do and all that is done to us.  I know we are secure in His hands but there are still rough spots in life.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment