Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Back on the road

Wish I could find a way to get paid by the mile as I sure seem to be on the road a lot these days.  With nearly 100 orders so far this year things are looking up and they are coming from a variety of sources, some even pay full price which is always nice.

This morning I rolled out and felt refreshed after a good nights sleep.  I was in Richmond by about 10:30 to see a little duplex property and I do mean little.  What a contract to the beautiful property in Lafayette yet the Lord loves the owners of each of these two contrasting properties just the same, now its much tougher for the multi millionaire to feel the need of the Lord, much tougher indeed yet God's love has a way of reaching into all hearts who will welcome Him in.

As I was driving to Lafayette to shoot the comp photos for these 3 million dollar plus mansions I found myself hungry so not wanting to get out of Pinole without eating as there is almost no fast food in the rich towns, they don't like "fast food" to be seen there.  I happened on a Carl's and discovered they will make a cheese sandwich, it hit the spot and I was back on the road.  There is a narrow connecting road that stretches from Highway 80 to Highway 24, from Pinole to Orinda and it winds beside a great lake of drinking water, has a hillside that loves to slide when it rains and is beautiful.  Then I was in the midst of huge properties and it took a good hour to locate all these huge properties, some are tucked behind massive gates, others are just hard to see from the street but I got them all finally. 

Once done I stopped by the conference office, the headquarters of the SDA church for Northern California and purchased some vege food, cheaper than Raleys and a lot more selection. 

The next stop was at the board of realtors to pick up my new Supra Key to open doors of homes.  This was exchange day and the new one is slick, even has a little flashlight built in.  Then it was on to home to fix some reports and relax for a bit.  Patty, my very special neighbor lady who I know from the grief group is fixing the curtains of the motorhome and called to say that she would be done with them by tomorrow sometime.  When I spoke with her she offered to help create some new privacy curtains for the front of the motorhome, oh how nice that would be as these are old and filled with holes and stains from when the motorhome leaked all the time.  She is a very good seamstress besides caring for 7 grandchildren.

So now its bedtime again, well almost. Tomorrow its off to Bethel Island for a 8:30 appointment and then on to San Ramon to see one.  Then I think I come home to start cranking out reports.

Jo had a cooking accident in her kitchen and burned some fingers to a point of blisters.  She is so grateful that the little ones were not near when the grease blew.  She is recovering.  I just cannot say enough good about the loaf of bread she sent home.  Its so amazing that one hardly has to put anything on it, it has so much good taste on its own.  Wow.

Sending love to all and asking for your special prayers for my family.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment