Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Long day and short night ahead!

Say this being busy could grow on you.  I've been in a flat out race for weeks now and for the most part its OK.  Business keeps coming in from many different sources which is great and helps me and Steve.

Today I drove to Brentwood and found a 3 acre property right in the middle of town, with chickens and all.  Then on to Rio Vista to see a poor little over 55 home which was bank owned and selling for $150,000.  Wow that is cheap.  Then back across the bridge in the brisk winds to meet steve at a home about a block from his house.  We did that one and then I split for my rush which was located near my house.  I measured about 3,800 sf of house with dock, yard, total remodeling, shot the comps and then headed for Stockton where I arrived 2 minutes late.  That one is going to be tough.  Its selling for $179,000 and is surrounded by homes selling for $90,000.  So to get comps I drove miles in every direction.    Then Starbucks for dinner and a drive against the wind on the levee road. Once home I set to work and now at 11:58 I emailed the report out.  They were paying me $450 if I got it out by midnight and it was close.  The things we do for money!

Lois was so kind to drive me to the repair shop tonight where the motorhome was sitting, ready and repaired after so many months.  $605 in repairs, the poor guys had the tank out a couple times and finally found that the repair people in Reno on that afternoon in August had jammed the fuel pump in not checking to see if the float worked or not for the gauge.  It could not and Pat, the mechanic had to reengineer the way it was mounted so the float could work properly.  Now it works and I know how much fuel I have on board.  They said that with so little fuel it was easier to work on, it had so little fuel that they had to add some to get it to run, it was that low!  Yikes

So as I'm driving home the gauge does not seem to be moving.  I could not let it go so when I got home I got the gas can and put 4 gallons into the tank and then when the key was turned on the gauge jumped right up a bit.  Yea!  Now if the Meineke shop in Reno would just step up and pay some of this repair bill it would be wonderful.  Doubt it but of course I'll try to help them do the right thing.

Well its past bed time once again, poor body never gets a chance to recover.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment