Monday, March 5, 2012

Traveled some miles, Great day

Dear Family and Friends,
How was your day?  Mine has been filled with contrasts.  This morning I left early and headed to the Sacramento area, Rancho Cordova to be exact.  The GPS took me up 99 and then across Grantline and up Sunrise right to the subdivision.  I arrived to the minute on time and the agent was there.  A very balanced guy who was a joy to work with.  The property was a single story and perfect, comps were nearby and by 10:40 I was on the road heading back to the office.  Upon arriving I sat down and wrote up an appraisal for a Martinez property, then directly on time I left for Lafayette.

I was not really mentally prepared for what I found there.  This amazing home constructed totally out of clear heart heavy beams, clinker brick, wood lined windows and exquisite construction quality.  After passing through a security gate I entered onto a paver driveway that could easily park 20 cars and as I drove around to the house I found I had a panoramic view of surrounding valleys and hills.  Turns out it was a 6 acre parcel with about an acre flat on the top.  It took 3 years to get the city to allow construction as ridges cannot be built on in this area.  This is a property which makes most sunset magazine layouts blush with envy.  heat is by radiant floor tubes and each room is controlled by a computer and can be warmer or cooler, there is a crawl area with concrete floor under the entire house for all the cables, tubes, pipes and systems to snake through.  Nearly every room has a slightly different kind of clear heart wood and the wood is on the ceilings, built ins have been created, every room in the entire house has a full array of musical choices from a wall panel, all lighting can be programmed to do whatever you want with it, what looks like a tile floor in the kitchen is actually small sections of stone cut and then installed side by side forming a beautiful pattern.  The bar eating area in the huge kitchen has a metal top and the stove comes from france.  The detail throughout the home explains the 3 million dollar construction costs plus the land.  By the time I left the home it was dark, comps will have to come later once I can pin some down.  All one can say is wow!  What a home.

On the way home I found a Applebees and had a baked potato and salad.  Now that I'm home I'm feeling so tired that bed is coming very soon.  Had a rough night and was awake from about 12:30 to 2 am so getting up at 6 was touch this morning.  Thank goodness for nice hot showers, a high point of my life.

Well thats it for today, more orders came in, some reports went out and a huge $35 check arrived in the mail!

Love to all,

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment