Friday, March 30, 2012

A Varied Friday

Good evening
Its started with the alarm at 6, roll out, shower, breakfast and office.  Then it was research the three properties for the day.

Eventually it was time to start the little diesel and rattle out and down the road.  How I appreciate that little car.  This morning was yellow light time, that is when the fuel is down to about a gallon.  So even though I was starting late I stopped at Safeway for $4.30 diesel.  The car had 565 miles on the tank and I spent about $54 filling it, count it up, that's less than .10 a mile, not bad for these times and in solid comfort, XM radio, Ipod for books, water for sipping, Starbucks for waking up and plenty of power to keep up with traffic.

My first stop turned out to be very interesting.  A lovely young woman met me at the door with her Mercedes coup in the driveway.  She and her husband are Iranian but met in San Jose.  Three years ago they purchased this Glen Cove area of Vallejo home near the straits.  It was totally bare inside and out.  Now it burst with color, new paver sidewalks and patios, terraces, fruit trees loaded with citrus and a large chicken house with special chickens.  I had such fun inspecting the home and my client was so proud of her husbands work.  While we were in the backyard she cried out in anger, there up on the top of the fence between her back yard and an open area was a opossum looking at us.  They are not friends.

As I left she packed up eggs for me to take and they now rest in the frig in my kitchen.  What a special visit with Persian rugs everywhere, lots of evidence of updating work, just a great visit.

Once I was through with this neighborhood I set the GPS for San Francisco.  There I found a totally different kind of house.  Two story with both sides constructed with about 1 inch of air space between they and the neighbors, very interesting and the two teens showed me through the home.  Once I left San Francisco I then headed to Antioch and amazingly the traffic was good even over the Bay Bridge, through the Caldicot Tunnel and Highway 4.

This little home was a gift to the young couple three years ago when they got married.  They have been doing their magic on the place and its coming along nicely.  Once I left that final inspection for the day I went by and Amber cut my hair.  What a great job she does.  Then I talked to Nikki and enjoyed dinner with she and girls at Bethel Island at La Villa.  Super food and fun times with the girls.  Did I mention that my phone is dead this evening, games wore it down.

Tomorrow I may just climb out and drive down to see Timothy and Mia and Julie and Clayton.  Not sure yet how I feel.  I'm so tired and wiped out from the week.  I know Jason and Jo get back tomorrow but I'm not sure when.  I'll check all this out in the morning.  right now BED.

Love to all,  thank you Lord for watching over all of us this week.  guide us every step as we try to live loving lives for you and for each other.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment