Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Sabbath change of pace

Dear Family and Friends,

It started great this morning with Keanna staggering down the stairs after her sleep over.  We had waffles and then I dropped her off at Safeway so she and her mother could sell the last of the girl scout cookies.  Then I picked up Kallie and we arrived at Sabbath School.  We walked in to discover that Kallie was the only child.  Kim started the program and soon other children arrived.  It was a great School School and Kallie was at her best.  We got to see Kim, Dr. George, Sylvia and other friends too.  I happened to see Ron and was amazed at his weight loss.  So i asked and he told me about "lose it" an app on the iphone.  So i check and sure enough i had already loaded it at some time in the past.  He just got in the habit of reporting his intake and when he had enough calories eaten he quit eating.  Now he is 75 pounds lighter and looking really great.  It was very encouraging.

Kallie and I went to McDonalds at her own request and she enjoyed playing in the two story play area, met several nice kids and ate her lunch as well.

This afternoon after a slight break for a short nap I cut up some wood that has set by the side of the house for 6 years.  I cut into into little pieces and it is great at starting a fire.  At this moment I need to stoke the fire but I've enjoyed a fire all afternoon started with some junk wood.  Mid way through the afternoon I started feeling really weak and finally decided to check my blood sugar level. It was  99 which for me is low, seems I have a higher threshold for when the low blood sugar hits, normally people aren't a mess until they are 75 or lower.  So I made some sandwiches with vege steaks and after a bit I felt better.  I've put the motorhome away in its place at the side of the house, have a heater on low where the carpet is wet from a roof leak and Nikki just called to say Keanna needs to stay over another night, her beautiful room is not quite completed.

So I will end this epistle and wish you well.

Good night

love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment