Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rainy day in paradise

Right, who lives in Paradise?  Discovery Bay is less enjoyable when it rains, the lake loses it luster and the chill hangs in the air.  So this evening when I thought about talking to my brother in his honor I figured out how to make a fire start in the stove, I clipped a few branches from the Christmas tree which sadly stands on the back deck and along with a cardboard box and some small oak pieces got a fire started. At first it was touch and go but finally the flames reaches the fir branches and then it was fire time.  As I sat and enjoyed episodes of Burden of Proof the fire burned warmer and warmer until my flannel shirt felt too warm.  Jerry is recovering slowly from his knee surgery, keeps working at it every day and attends therapy twice a week.  He being a much older person than his younger brother needs to take it easy but he is doing well.  The weather around Weed is bad, wind, rain and snow on the horizon once again.  But they have such glorious seasons in Weed, it would be fun to live there.

This morning I rolled out and wrote on an appraisal that was needed two days ago.  Then at 10:30 I pulled up to a nice big home for a relocation appraisal.  This family is being moved to Ohio and for them it is going home as they are mostly from that area.  The home was splendid with designer paint, a pebble tec pool with two waterfalls, spa and stamped concrete patio areas.  Once I was completed I shot some comps and drove to the school where I fought my way through a sea of suv's, vans, hummers and some little cars to the place where I could collect Keanna.  Today all the children were released at the same time 11:40 and with the rain there were a lot of cars there.  So we just had to have some patience but it all worked out.

Then Keanna and I went to shoot more pictures needed for an appraisal and stopped at Burger King for lunch.  On the way home she learned that she could go spend the afternoon with her two friends so the office became quiet and I could work again.  Later in the afternoon I drove down and picked up the motorhome and even later I walked back to bring my car home. 

This evening I had a baked potato, some vege burger over it and some fresh tomato slices.  The fire helped take the gloom off the room, not all days are exciting or even enjoyable.  I'm finding it difficult to settle down to work right now yet I know I must do so.

Tomorrow is yet another day for us all and my prayers are for my family members that things will work out well for them in the coming weeks and months.  How I love them all and soon Jason and Jo will be in Europe guiding a tour of young people from MBA and some of their parents.  Grandmother Julie is coming from Denver to care for the children and uncle Clayton is coming too.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment