Thursday, March 1, 2012

A delightful dinner

This has been a rugged day, since I slept poorly last night I experienced being sleepy during the day.  Due to planning I was out most of the day and the first of the day, a house with a sleeping cop, a 2 year little girl and a very pregnant mom was a challenge, to keep the dad sleeping, yet get photos in the room, keep the little girl from crashing in on her daddy and then avoid the dog patties in the back yard.  Oh well mission accomplished.

Then it was on the road for Berkeley but on the way the owner called to say she was putting the whole thing on hold so I was not needed, good bye $275, oh well I went to Berkeley anyway to take some comp photos and of course a stop at Starbucks for a whole wheat bagel and a skinny mocha was in order.  So good and such a waste of hard earned money!  I know.

In Berkeley I found diesel for the amazingly low price of just $4.43 a gallon so I got just a few gallons and hit the road.  The next stop was in Martinez and I was honored to see a perfect property.  I mean perfect.  The owner of a small business who has not had a job for the past 3 months, nothing to bid on.  But a pleasant dad who loves his kids, will only do good work and sure knows how to care for a property.  Wow, it was perfect.

Then on to the delightful dinner at LaVilla in Bethel Island.  The girls drove out to meet me and we had a delightful mean of bean burritos with sauce, rice and whole beans on the side.  It was perfect and I got to catch up with all the events in each of three lives.  Oh yes there are lots of events!

Then I raced home to drive the motorhome to the nearby garage and Nikki met me there and brought me home.  Tomorrow we hope to have the problem of the gas gauge fixed for good.  A problem caused by a shoddy workman in Reno last August, a problem that shop will not pay to have fixed, its been a long painful process in which promises have been made but are not being kept by the owner of the Meineke Shop.  I think they are crooks and tomorrow we'll probably find out more about the terrible job they did when attempting to repair the motorhome last summer.

Now its past bed time.  My eyes just judged by Kaiser to be in good shape keep crossing, probably not a good deal.

This afternoon Steve's truck was being driven by a friend of his and a lady came to a sudden stop, the friend stopped but the driver of a big truck behind did not stop, he managed to pretty well trash Steve nice little pickup in the process, not something Steve needed right now.  Please pray for my kiddos, all 8 of them, big and little and thank you.

Love

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment