Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Some rain must fall

And fall it did, here and there in blotches and drips, nothing really serious, just a reminder that winter is not quite over.

Walked in the cold wind this morning, felt good.  had breadfast and showered, waded into making appointments, doing research, fixing things etc and then it was time to leave for Gilroy.  It was an easy drive down, little traffic, funny old shows on XM and then I turned to the book reaching channel which was partly good and partly boring.  I arrived in Gilroy nearly an hour early so shot the comps first and chatted with Art while I was doing so.  He has just 10 treatments to go in Loma Linda, he is very brave and the team of medical people do everything they can to minimize the side effects.  Art is a real trooper through it all and now Connie has returned from her South American Cruise.

After completing the appraisal of the Gilroy house I once again got back on the road and then the rain really started for awhile.  As I neared Brentwood I began to shoot comps for a home that I inspected the other day, a home right in the middle of town but with 3 acres.  So I shot comps until it was dark and then hooked up with Steve, Nikk and the girls at BJ's, a new eating place in Brentwood.  I took the girls to my booth and Steve and Nikki joined a group celebrating his friend's birthday.  Service was slow but we had finished our food before Steve and Nikki got to order.  So once we were through I took the girls home so they could head for bed.

Now I'm home looking to head to bed also.

This afternoon I called a friend who lives in middle america and who reads the blog.  She was a GIST friend with Nan, had her own GIST surgery 7 years ago and has not had any tumors come back.  We have never spoken before but we often talk through emails.  She is a marvelous lady and we talked for a very long time.  It was just wonderful to finally connect with such a true friend to Nan.

Well its bed time,

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment