Saturday, March 31, 2012

World Travelers return

Dear Family and Friends,

What a great weekend.  Last evening I got to have dinner with the girls, then caught up with Steve who was enjoying time with his friends, they often gather on Friday nights.  This morning I took stock of the day and decided to drive to MBA.

I wasn't sure when Jason and Jo would return but I just decided to go visit the kiddos and their caretakers, Julie and Clayton.  I encounters severe weather on the way, high winds, heavy rains and as much challenge as California weather can throw at a little car. 

I was glad to arrive and discovered that the power had been out for a couple hours.  So after greeting the kiddos Clayton and I went to Watsonville to get take out chinese from the Golden Dragon and pick up a few things from Nob Hill Foods.  Then it was back home where after a few minutes the lights came back on.

We enjoyed a very good lunch and the kids did such a great job of eating.  Julie and Clayton have really done a great job caring for the children over the 10 days Jason and Jo were gone.

Our travelers were tired but very happy to see their little ones.  The kids just could not get enough of their parents and enjoyed the gifts that kept popping out of the suitcases.  It was a happy time.

About 6:30 I started on my journey home and before long the weather was really bad again, not so much wind as just a lot of rain.  But here I am now safe and sound and there was money in the mail today!

Now tomorrow I'll have to settle down and get some serious work done.  There are many orders that say that they are due on Monday.  Plus I have to deliver the motorhome to a Pittsburg address where people will live in it for 2 days while their rental home is tented and processed for termites.  I'm being paid well for the rental and I hope it all works out well for the people.  Just wish it was not raining as the motorhome has been know to leak a bit here and there!!

Well its bed time now and up early to work tomorrow.  I have felt God's blessings this weekend and I'm thankful.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment