Monday, August 5, 2013

A day of challenges

Anybody that creates anything knows there are days that don't go so well.

This morning I was at DMV in Tracy at 8:30 and waltzed right up to the counter since I had an appointment, what a difference that makes as the other line was out the door.  I was taken care of promptly and have nearly everything cared for now, the cars are traded, I now own the Civic and Nikki the van, the trailer for the boat is licensed.

I came home to finish the duplex located In Suisun City and shipped it out.  Jessy came to help and that was great.  In the early afternoon an email informed me that an appraisal I had completed months ago for a little house in a small development a few miles outside of Napa had been rejected the the underwriters and they wanted to fund tomorrow.  The question came to my mind, how many months have they been planning to fund and suddenly the day before its a crisis.  As I read more from the desk review I could not help feeling there was something more taking place than they were stating.  I had written the same basic report I always write and of course I've written about 30,000 of them, now suddenly I had not explained my comp selection well enough, really.  I had included 7 comparables in the report, nearly every sale in the entire little development, pretty obvious really.

Anyway I had to try to rewrite the report to satisfy the desk review and lets hope it did the trick.  I had to leave and could only take so long on it before hitting the road.

I drove to San Ramon to do a field review of an appraisal and when shooting the comparables I ended up shooting a sale that was just two houses from the house where I was to do an appraisal at 6 pm.  I noticed that she was already home though I was an hour early.  She graciously let me to the full appraisal and I was on my way to Fremont to do yet another field review.  After a quick dinner at Taco Bell I turned for home and the trip was uneventful, I arrived at about 9 pm.

So last night I went to bed at 11:45 and was up at 6 this morning, you got it, I'm tired.  I just went out and turned on the spa so I'll soak for a bit and then sleep.

Our weather continues to be terrific, less than 90 and very livable.  So tomorrow I'm out in the afternoon, back to Alameda again to see a house at 2:30 and I just got a hard money appraisal order for Danville tomorrow at 4:30 and that one pays cash!  Yea

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment