Sunday, August 18, 2013

Its been a hot day but progress has been made.

Good evening family and friends,

As I write I'm dripping with perspiration as I've just come in from cutting away at the brush pile I created when I trimmed giant limbs and their many branches from my tree.  Tonight I cut up the big branches into logs that can be burned this winter, but huge brush piles of little limbs remain to be dealt with.  Progress is progress.

This morning I became the inn keeper and created breakfast.  I made Belgium Waffles for Marilyn and myself and we dined on the back deck overlooking a still lake.  It was lovely and the food was good, yes even though I made it!

I then went out and started moving vehicles around for the week ahead.  Next weekend the renters of the motorhome are coming for a driving lesson and need to get the coach clean and small repairs made to it before it gets rented.  So I first hooked up the box trailer to the Civic, how much easier it is when Marilyn tells me to stop, that I'm there instead of jumping in and out of the Civic a dozen times.  I pulled the trailer out onto the street, then I crawled into the motorhome and gently moved it out of its tight storage space and onto the street, then I backed the trailer into the motorhome space, closed the gates and pulled the motorhome into the driveway space where the trailer had been.  I then hooked up the motorhome to the electrical power and in a few minutes I'll go out and start the process of cleaning and making repairs, taking all the linen out as they want to use their own things, cleaning the carpet, the walls, the windows, the dashboard.  Soon I'll get out a ladder and clean the roof, then wash the walls and the huge front windows.  I'll check the air in the tires and at some point take it and fill it with gas.  The front curtains need a better holder to keep them from sliding forward when driving and I have the stuff to do it, just need to install it.  This will probably be the only time I rent the motorhome, I really care for these people that have rented twice before for burning man.  They pay promptly, bring it back very clean both inside and out and keep their word throughout.

Tomorrow I'll write a report for Livermore and ship it out and pray, hope that Steve and I get some orders.  We are both stumped, no work and its very troubling.  Tomorrow I'll also shop for a loan for the few thousand that I need to pay for the new car, I say new, its new for me. 

This afternoon we drove it to Pittsburg to deliver an appraisal and to In N Out for a cheese sandwich.  The car is just fun, its quiet, drives perfectly, cools great even though it was 99 at times this afternoon as we drove.  The cruise works perfectly and the transmission takes a bit to get used to since I've shifted for the last 11 years on my own.

So that's it from here for tonight.  God is good, life is exciting, work is a challenge and money is like quicksilver, it slips through ones fingers easily.

Love to all of you,

Tim

Did I show you the car?

No comments:

Post a Comment