Friday, August 9, 2013

Finally

When there is not enough work to do time really drags and the work that is to do takes longer, at least for me.

So how are you tonight?  Are you unwinding now that the week is coming to a close?  I've just been out on the lake in the little green boat but the battery seems weak so I'm afraid to go too far out and have to be stuck in the lake for hours while the wind brings me home.

This morning Steve and I did a house in nearby Lakeshore.  That was fun and will give him a little boost as orders are very slow in coming right now, I mean really slow.

Marilyn is away playing at her friend Diane's house in Sacramento and I think they might have tried their luck last night at some gambling.  They know when to stop and don't spend much so they have a good time at it without regrets.

I've been told that I can take Kallie to SS in the morning so that is something to look forward to.  Tomorrow I'm turning 65, have Medicare all in place, my Kaiser Senior Advantage is all in place and I received my new Kaiser card with the Medicare label on it.  I've paid for Medicare for the next four months.  That's how they bill it so I won't be paying again for awhile.

Tonight I miss Nan.  She always was quick to remember and tell me Happy Birthday when I woke up.  Yes I'm used to her being gone but I remember fondly how good she was at certain things, I miss her delicious dishes and the trips she always planned, I miss her taking her turn at driving and her very dry humor.  God gave me 36 years with this precious woman and I'm grateful for that time.

As I write I have the spa heating so I'll enjoy some time relaxing under the stars tonight.

Sending Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment