Thursday, August 29, 2013

Just working at it

Good evening,

After a great rest I rose to meet the day.  Had my first bottle of water before I left the bedroom and then came down.  Went right to work and later had a peach and multi grain bagel, so good.

I worked on setting up orders and writing up an appraisal.  Then at 12 I left for the Oakland Hills to do an appraisal.  What I found was nothing short of amazing.  As I started to measure the home I looked past the side and it seemed I was flying.  Spread out before me was the entire Bay area, three bridges, fog out over the ocean, the Bay Bridge clearly visible in the foreground.  What a view this property had. 

Turns out this home was one burned in the Oakland fire a few years ago.  It along with 3,000 other homes was destroyed.  Insurance rebuilt the home and its very nice and well kept.  Once I finished the inspection then I drove for the next hour over narrow single lane roads to locate the comparable sales.  Eventually I found them all. 

Ray texted me a request to pick up some auto parts at a place in San Leandro and using the GPS I found the warehouse, got the parts and headed home.  Finding I was hungry I had a burger (vegi) at Fuddruckers and then fought traffic the rest of the way home.  I filled with diesel and the result was just 35.4 mpg, very disappointing, seems the automatic transmission takes it toll on mileage but at this point its so nice to not have to shift.

Once I got home I was sitting in the recliner enjoying Hannity, suddenly there was a crash, the cats had somehow knocked their food and water onto the floor breaking the food dish in pieces and making a huge mess.  So that took a while and then Marilyn had some wonderful veges ready to eat.  It was a feast.

So thankful for very limited work and I'm praying hard that God can find work for Steve, some orders would sure help him out a lot.

Sending love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment