Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Kallie and Keanna came to visit, it was exciting as usual

This morning Marilyn and I passed briefly before she left to take the Civic to Lodi Honda for some work.  She wanted to be there on time and was there when they opened the gates.

Bob was nice enough to pick her up around 8 and they drove to the mountains for a bit of the game of chance and lunch.

Meanwhile the Civic was getting some routine maintenance that was needed.  It turned 131,000 miles today and needed a timing belt, a new water pump, new plugs, valves adjusted and new gasket for value cover, a new timing belt partial cover and an engine mount that had failed.  So the bottom line was just under $1,000 but considering this is the first heavy duty maintenance it has needed I'm feeling pretty good about it.

This afternoon I drove it to Brentwood with the girls and the engine seemed so smooth, felt like a sewing machine in terms of smoothness.  Keanna had to have stitches removed and her mouth rinsed by the oral surgeon.  She is doing very well and managed it all with courage.

Nikki came from work and fighting road work she still got through so I was able to come back home and work.  Later Marilyn and I went to Boardwalk for some great food and it was a perfect evening with the cool weather and waterfront setting.

I've just come in from the spa and what a great experience that was, warm water, bright stars and bubbles all around.

This evening at about sunset I made a sudden decision to go out and cut on the branches that are totally filling the side space by the house.  So I located my electric chain saw, put some oil in the chain oiler and waded into the branches, the work went really fast and before long I had about half the mess cleaned up.  I'll have to find some more time when I can get the rest done and in bags.

Very few orders are crossing my desk these days, I hope that it gets better soon.  Got to say its nice to be a bit calmer right now though.

Sending love to all,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment