Monday, August 12, 2013

Boat progress

Short and sweet, its late this evening.

I crawled out late this morning and mostly worked in the office for the day, then drove to Oakland to do a driveby appraisal that should have been done twice before but something came up each time.  So now its done.  When I came home I ended up going over to Steve's where he was fast at work on the boat, he has buffed it and tonight waxed it, I'll just say it looks great, especially for a 1988 year Supra, wow.  I worked on the horn since the existing horn was not working and legally the boat has to have a horn if inspected by the patrol while on the water.  We found that the button one pushes to honk the horn no longer honks the horn at all so I have that little momentary contact switch in the car and tomorrow I'll try to locate a place that might sell such a switch.  I loaded the boat up with life jackets, paddles and an anchor, you never know when an anchor might come in handy to keep one from going downstream.

Steve has put many hours into the boat and it looks really good, what it needs now is new interior but for the time being we are going to live with the current interior, seats and all.

Tomorrow afternoon late in the afternoon we might see if we can slip it into the water and give it a try.

Tomorrow morning I drive to Morgan Hill to reinspect a home that is being constructed but it not yet finished.  I've done thousands of these over the years but never was forced to go out and inspect when the house is not yet completed.  Its crazy and a huge waste of my time.  I'll drive 3 hours to make it happen and us part of a tank of diesel.  I've stated my case but the lender is just so sure they need a progress report.  Once I'm through with the 5 minute inspection than I'll drive back to Pleasanton where I'll meet Jessy, she is going to do a full inspection of a home there with me.  Then we'll drive back and she will do her part of the writing fresh from seeing the home.  It will be fun.

For now good night all,

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment