Friday, August 16, 2013

Big day!

Good evening,
It was an early morning and my body said no to getting up. Suddenly I remembered. I had an appointment at Lodi Honda to have a new oil pan installed on the odyssey van for Nikki and Steve.
At 8:10 I arrived and signed in but I had a concern. Driving over I felt a strange vibration so I had the guys check it out.
Mid morning David came over and told me that the rear motor mount was out. It costs over $600 for the part. Wow what to do!
After thinking it over I told them to go ahead and he found a way to slash over $100 off the part. I'm glad we found the problem now.
They told me to go to enterprise rentals for a loaner as I had to get back. Enterprise had no cars but finally a huge dodge ram truck came in and I'm driving it now.
I have to go back and pick the van up tomorrow.

This afternoon I had a house to see in Livermore. Afterwards I went to see a 2006 diesel bug, green, tan interior, 6 speed automatic transmission, heated seats, moon roof and useable cup holders!!
I drove it and loved it. The bid to repair my bug was $4700 plus more for a transmission. For $11400 I have a newer beetle with just 89000 miles and perfect condition.  I'm thrilled with the find.
I got 11 years out of the last one.

So you see it's been quite a day.
This evening everyone was hungry so we went to boardwalk. Great time.

This weekend is the poker run. A huge race with boats that go 120 mph. There will be lots of loud engines in the morning!

We r going to see keanna play soccer in the morning!  It's been awhile since we've seen her play.

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment