Friday, August 23, 2013

Disappointing week

Good evening,

Jerry and Donna have just gone to bed in the motorhome, tomorrow night we'll transfer them to my bedroom and I'll take the pink room.  Donna created a wonderful dinner tonight, great food and so tasty, some of the meal came from their garden that Jerry grows every year.  Great stuff

Jerry and I went to Oakland today and then to Bay Point to do appraisal work.  It is so much more pleasant in the newer bug with its automatic transmission.  We had a good time.

This afternoon when I got back I wrote an appraisal and shipped it out, then I went to the boat and got it running but very roughly running.  Then I lowered myself under the dash and installed the new horn button.  It works but it was so hard to wiggle under there, was glad to be out once I was done.

This afternoon my bank of 26 years denied my request for a personal loan because of my credit report.  No specific but just no, not we will think about it, not we will loan you less.  It really got to me, I run a couple hundred thousand through the bank every year, I've been with them for 26 years but since the specs did not match the guidelines perfectly then it was a no go.  Once the first shock and anger passed and the desire to close my accounts and move to Chase I was left with a dull ache inside, no matter how nice I am and how quickly I do the appraisals for my bank, no matter than I give them a discounted rate, they don't care so why should I give and give, its a hard question, one I will have to work through.  I do think that another year will have even more things cleared up on the credit report and that credit score will begin to move up.  Not that I intend to pursue any credit anyway.  I prefer to pay cash whenever I can and that is the way I've come so far from the time when Nan died.  But somehow that doesn't matter.  I know how far I've come and that is the bottom line, not what someone else thinks, it still hurts a lot.

Tomorrow the people come for the motorhome and they will have it for about the next 9 days.  I think it is in pretty good condition and ready for them.  I'll take out the linen in the morning as they want it stripped of most things so they can put in their own things.

So for tonight I'm sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment