Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Stumbling through the day

Not all days turn out to be barn burners, this one was not.

Got up this morning and called a homeowner as I was supposed to inspect her home.  She was not happy that I had to come in but eventually relented.  The home was fine and when finished with that assignment I drove to Costco to pick up a couple things and on the way home went by to talk to my VW mechanic.  He told me my old car was probably worth $250, ouch.  But we are going to try to sell the injector pump for as much as $500 since I just paid $800 and then more to have it installed.

So that stop was not good.  Then I drove to Patelco Credit Union on a whim to see if I could get financing on the new car.  After an hour of paperwork I was told no.  I didn't make enough money.  I was basing my request on the last tax return I had which was for two years ago so it did not show an improving income.  I was pretty bummed out over that but I learned that I had a couple dings for amounts owed to John Muir hospital for long ago.

Once I got home I called the credit company and made arranges to pay half of the total and the rest in the next two months.  I owe it so I'm paying but of course it uses some of the little funds I have at present so that was not fun.

Once I got home from my discouraging day I found that the AC was not on and that Marilyn was sitting in the family room at 84 degrees so I switched on the house AC and got her cooled down.  She was deep into a book and was not bothered by the heat wave.

This evening Marilyn made a great meal and it tasted great.

Tomorrow my brother Jerry and Donna are heading this way, at least I think they are and that will be fun to see them again.  Its been awhile.

So this evening I've been filling out paperwork for a credit app for my own bank and I hope they will consider it.  I'm enjoying the car very much and if I have to I'll pull funds from my retirement account, just not a good idea to do so, I'm 65 so there is no penalty but still once its gone its gone and that is scary.

Do any of you want to become an investor in a great little car?  yea right.

Bed time,  love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment