Thursday, August 8, 2013

Good day, Jessy helps

So I woke before the alarm this morning to a cool, almost chilly morning, my one blanket that I dearly love was almost not enough to keep me warm.

Pooka and I went to the park to get our hearts pumping.

Finding Marilyn up early today we decided on breakfast at Big Al's and when Steve appeared on the scene he went with us.  While Steve and I both were sharing our dismay with no work lately at least the breakfast helped a bit.

We drove back home and soon Marilyn received a call from Diane who said she had taken half the day off, so Marilyn hurried up and left to spend a long weekend with her long time friend.  Pooka was curious about Marilyn leaving.  I settled down to create some work and took phone calls.

When Jessy arrived I mentioned lunch and she agreed so we went to the Boardwalk and had a perfect lunch in the warm but not to hot afternoon air by the waterfront.

Once we were back in the office I packed up and left to do a re-inspection of a home I had seen before, located in the worst part of Richmond.  I took a little pry bar and my electric drill just in case I needed some help to get into the attic.  I was amazed that the same key that has been left laying on the top of the gas meter for weeks is still there.  Using the key I accessed the garage and found a little board that was attached with some long screws.  I stretched my ladder out and then climbed up with the power drill in hand to remove the screws and get into the attic space.  It was a real challenge to keep on the ladder, not drop the power drill / screw driver and also hold the camera but eventually I got my photos of the space and got it all buttoned up again.

Then I left for an Oakland address to do a driveby appraisal.  It was not to be!  My GPS warmed me as soon as I caught 580 in Richmond that heavy traffic was ahead.  I'm not sure why 80 was plugged solid but there was little movement as I approached Berkeley.  Since my other appointment was in Berkeley I took an off ramp and let the GPS find the address I needed.  As it turned out I did not have time to do the Oakland driveway so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

On my way home the miles changed to 299,000. 

Well now I'm home and sending good wishes to all,

Love


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment