Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Looking up

Well today has proved to be worthwhile but involved a lot of time behind the wheel.

When I woke this morning I had one request for an appraisal which is being seen at 5:30 tomorrow afternoon.  I also knew of a follow up final inspection in Morgan Hill which was over a hour away and paid a whopping $75.  I had also received a request to reinspect a property in Rio Vista where a new CO detector was installed.  Before I left this morning for Morgan Hill an agent called to ask if I would do an appraisal for a hard money lender, the home was in Antioch and of course I jumped at the chance.

So when I left with Marilyn riding along I first headed to the bank to make a deposit, then we drove to Morgan Hill and found the new home completed and very nice.  Then we drove from Morgan Hill to Rio Vista which proved to be a very long ride as traffic started to get bad along the way.  It all worked out and we made that inspection, an inspection that will pay $115.  Then we drove back to Antioch and inspected a beautiful single story home, one of the nicest I have ever seen, had dinner at UNO's which was very nearby and am now home.  While I was driving this afternoon a lady called who needed a historical appraisal for a home her mom owned before she died.  So I'll do that one tomorrow.  That was a referral from Dwight, a local accountant who frequently sends me work.

I have to say that I feel the two phoned appraisals came directly from our Lord.  How I appreciate the work, I just cannot fully say.

I am going ahead with playing the piano for Sabbath School and Church in the Yountville church this Sabbath.  Dolly has asked me to play since most of the musicians will be at the church campout over in Albion on the coast.  While I'm very nervous about playing I still see it as an opportunity to help out.  Dolly has even promised an Olive Garden lunch afterwards.

As you might imagine I am very tired this evening.  I had something wrong last night, had a fever and felt awful but this morning it had passed so I felt fine today, just tired.  The newer green beetle is running very nicely, I enjoyed not fighting the clutch today as I fought my way through traffic, the 6 speed automatic is a real joy but the mileage is not as good as the black beetle, oh well.

Sending love to all tonight,


Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment