Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Life has its surprise moments of joy

So I've arrived at a property in Alamo, located on a quiet court, level with guide Oak trees, colored concrete driveway, perfect landscaping, cute house and I start a conversation with the owner who walks around the perimeter with me as I measure and shoot exterior photos, as we arrive on the new back deck he mentions that he and his wife are relatively newly married having both lost spouses in the past years.  Further it comes out that his wife is Seventh-day Adventist and he is Roman Catholic. 

Once we chat a bit more we find out we have common friends in the Campbell SDA church.  What a shock, a nice surprise and it just made a pleasant experience even nicer.  That's what I mean, total surprising moments of joy.

I had a great nights sleep last night knowing I had orders, work to do and less pain in my right arm.

Pooka wanted to see the park and that was fun, today we met many different people enjoying the park.

Then it was breakfast with a biscuit like Rusketts from my childhood and some Wheaties over it with soy milk.  Great bowl of food and a single slice of bread with thin peanut butter and slices of tomatoes.  Polished off with a fresh peach from our neighborhood vendor.

Then it was time to start working and I waded through various tasks.  Soon it was 1:15 and time to pick up the girls.  They were on their best behavior this afternoon, Keanna worked hard to complete her homework and Kallie watched something on the ipad.

At 4 we went to McDonalds where they bought dinner and then I delivered them to their parents and I drove on to see a house in Alamo and then one in Pleasanton.  I finished the evening by stopping Tracy, picking up a hymnal from Sylvia so I can practice the hymns ahead of time before I get to Yountville church on Sabbath.

Now I'm home, tired and heading to bed.  There is plenty of work to do in the morning and I'm very thankful for the orders that have come in.  Sylvia was not at all surprised that I had work, she has this great belief system that just knows God will watch over His children.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment