Monday, August 26, 2013

Need work

Good evening,

Well the one order I had to inspect this evening at 7:30 got cancelled today, not sure why but not put on hold, just outright cancelled.  That was a hard blow.

This morning I took Pooka to the park, she loved it, then came back, had some breakfast and went out to cut up branches and stuff them into the green garbage can.  Got lots done and amazingly the arm that hurt so much last evening was rested and allowed me to work for about an hour, got about 1/3 of the branches broken up and stuffed into the can.  Accomplished something at least.

This afternoon after noting that the funds had arrived from my retirement account I drove to Livermore, gave them a new check written on the personal account and the car is now paid for.  Terrible timing as I'm facing no income shortly.  Today there was nearly $1000 in the mail which helps but the large reserves are nearly gone.  I'm praying every morning and during the day that God will help with orders for Steve and myself.  My contacts in the industry say everyone is in the same boat, no work and quiet desperation is setting in for many of us.

Last night the arm hurt so badly that I took a chance and went to the spa and allowed the warm water, about 94 to 96 degrees wash around it.  Then I went to bed early and enjoyed a new sleep by number setting that Donna had dialed in, 50 instead of the 35 I've used for years.  Well I had a super night, slept from 10 to nearly 7:45 and woke feeling rested and good.

So in a few minutes I'm heading back to the spa again and hope the warm water will once again do its thing for the arm.  Its not been too bad today but it does not like to be used like I'm using it now.

Can I ask that you join me in praying for work, How good it would be to pick up a few orders to keep the cash flowing this way.

This afternoon we went to Costco for cat food and then Ace for a new handle for the upstairs toilet.  It finally broke after all these years, they have the perfect replacement and they also filled my propane tank, ready for the next BBQ.  We had a $5 dollar off coupon that Marilyn had found so that helped.

This morning I heard a buzzing sound and it was Lois, she had borrowed a little electric boat with a remote control and was having a blast running it all over the lake, she loves toys and it was great fun to watch.

Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment