Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A day of challenges

Good evening,

I'm just in from a drive over the Sunol grade after seeing property in Milpitas.  Fortunately I had a great book I was listening to so that helped pass the slow times and even slower traffic.  I didn't get to see the kiddos today, Timothy is just starting to feel better and Mia is at the edge of a fever.  Jason was back to Law School and I'm assuming Jo was back teaching her little angels too.

I started the day off with an email that was a shocker.  It was word that an appraisal I had completed weeks ago in Sacramento had been reviewed and the reviewer just tore the appraisal apart.  I happen to believe you can always find something to disagree with when reviewing an appraisal but there was little this reviewer agreed with.  At first you just are in shock, then you start to formulate a response.  I've done this long enough to know you don't roll over, you respond nicely but respond firmly.  As I started to examine what was being said most was just plain wrong and the reviewer was sitting at a desk in Riverside!  Its perfectly legal but highly questionable when done the last day before closing the loan.  So responding took a hour or so and I've not anything back yet from my response.

Then there were other smaller issues raised some of which I was able to deal with and some are still to be dealt with.

At 1:15 I left for Milpitas wanting to be there on time.  As I left the mail had arrived and hundreds of dollars was waiting.  It felt very nice and along with the good deposit I was already ready to make I felt blessed.

I've not been able to get the fire to burn, I think I need to pull everything out and start over and I've not taken the time to do so yet.  Perhaps a bit later in the evening.

Sending my best to each of you as you face life and its challenges.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment