Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Winter at its best

It just happened that today was a designated write up day to be spent inside in the office.  That turned out to be perfect as it was nasty outside, overcast, raining, hazy and chilly.

So this morning I settled in, built a nice hot fire which lifted the interior to a cozy 73 and went to work.  I worked up a local one for a house right here in Discovery Bay, not bad, not great but a good sale.  Then Nikki offered to give me a ride to Brentwood to pick up the bug as the repair work was done.  So we caught Taco Bell, chatted a bit and then she dropped me off.  Since she had to rush back to work I was stuck there.

As I used the business card to pay the large bill it was declined.  I knew what I had in the account and it was much much more than the charges.  So I quickly dialed my bank, oh yes they had a policy that I could not charge more than $1,500 on the card no matter how much money I had.  Well that was great, the first I had heard of it but she promised that she could get a one time extension if I wanted to wait 15 minutes.  Well I didn't want to wait as I had to get back to pick up Keanna from school so I charged $1,500 on that card and the rest on a back up card.  I just love how the bank comes up with this stuff but never tells you ahead of time.

I arrived back at the school to the minute Keanna was released so that worked out.  The VW drives like a new car though it didn't seem that bad before.  They said the struts were totally gone and all the parts were totally worn out, well to be fair they do have 281,000 miles on them.  Now to get a radio working and I'm back on the road in my trusty little bug at 43 mpg.

This evening I've been able to complete another one.  Keanna was able to make NetFlix work through Jessie's computer this afternoon and enjoyed catching up on her show, H2O.

At 4 I went to pick up Kallie, she was in her normal great mood, take no prisoners, shoes off and look out.  We made a hot chocolate using the Keurig which she loves.  Then Nikki came and it was chatting and happy noise for a few minutes.  Suddenly the house was still as they left and I went back to work.

This evening I went to Safeway to get dog food and peanut butter, it cost $85, well to be fair I did find a few more things I needed while I was there.

In the morning I have to be at the kids house at 6:45 since Steve is leaving for an all day class in Appraisal Writing, he also has a Friday class as well.  So I'll help the girls with breakfast and get them to their respective schools hopefully on time.

Love to all and special thanks to Marilyn who also is available to take my text and remind me of what kind of dog food Pooka likes.

Love

Tim

by the way its 9 degrees in Rhode Island where Marilyn lives, oh that seems so cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment