Friday, January 4, 2013

Life moves forward

Just wait until you are 64,  I never thought I would be this old.  I can remember being a teenager and dreaming of finishing college, being married, having little ones and having a job of course.  In my day there were no options, you simply had to find a job, there was no safety net or home you could go back to, once you were launched you moved forward, never even thought of not having a job,  So far in my life time I've done plumbing, ditch digging, printing, driving, painting, delivery, furniture factory worker, sheet rocker, door to door sales, Spudnut route, sold my second album door to door while at Andrews University, youth pastor, senior pastor, appraiser, baby sitter.  I learned something from every job I have done over the years.

I've learned the customer is not always right, sometimes he or she is downright dishonest, that because a company has pretty stationary and a nice building does not mean they will pay their bills, that the bigger talker the less reliable a person is, that there are good people both in and out of the church, that love does not depend on making lots of money but travel certainly works out better when you have money.

This week has been interesting, always feels strange when there is a holiday in the midst of the week, like this does not feel like Friday night to me but I'm not complaining at all.

Just spoke to Nikki and discovered they were eating at Red Robin at the same time I was, they had been ice skating and decided to eat, I finished up my work and decided to celebrate by having a Gardenburger, no one does it better than Red Robin.

Not sure about if the girls are coming to Sabbath School in the morning or not.  As they grow up they have lots of alternative things to do, its a challenge.

So good night my friends and family,

Keep warm

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment