Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Easing into the new year

Good evening,

Just back from driving to Steve and Nikki's to pick up a file, Steve had just finished helping with an appraisal for a Livermore property, had emailed the appraisal to me but I needed the hard file to go with it.  I was shocked as to how cold it was when I walked to the garage and the car.  It is very cold, about 37 right now but it feels colder.  Once again I have a fire burning which has the house at about 70.

This afternoon Keanna called and asked if she could come over.  She was finishing up an overnight visit to Summer, her friend who lives across the lake from me.  So she came over and with her Nook in hand started reading.  Munching popcorn and nestled in her little sleeping bag she read and enjoy some programs on TV.  At about 4:15 Nikki came to pick her up. 

This afternoon Jessie came back to work.  With her normal rapid style she had the files put away, logged out and the ones that had been paid for were moved to their 5 year home in the garage.  Then she started on writing an appraisal.  Everyone she does gets a little better.

This morning I inspected a home in Pittsburg that was sort of rough, paint and trim needed attention, back fence was falling down, back yard was a foot deep in weeds but the sellers were sweet people and the inspection went very well.  Then I headed back avoiding stopping at Starbucks, came home and worked.  I've written up an appraisal for a Blackhawk home with a value over 1.5 million dollars.  Appraisals like that take a lot more work, the stakes are higher, less room to be wrong. 

Now its bed time once again and with clean sheets it will be nice to snuggle down and find the warmth that will come.

In the morning I'm to see my Kaiser doctor at 8:30, then I'll do the lab for blood thinner, then I'll drive back home to work and about 1 will leave for my dentist.  I fear I've lost a crown and a filling, something is not right but I can't really tell what is happening, I just know it often hurts.  I hope for the best but my dentist is so great that I have confidence it will be OK.  Its quite a drive to get there and back but to me he is worth it with reasonable prices, excellent care and such a great individual.

So sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment