Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wow, a very big day!

Not all days require research for 5 properties, over 200 miles of travel, 12 hours in the field and over 7 million dollars worth of property inspected.

My work reached from seeing 1100 sf to 4,000 sf, from values of $205K to $3 million, from 4,000 sf lot to a full acre and so this very interesting job goes.

I rolled out at 6:30, ate a quick breakfast, took my handfull of pills, did some touch up work on the research and headed out the door.  The first leg of the journey leg through the beautiful Marsh Creek Canyon, through Clayton and to a private lane in Concord.  The agent met me and we enjoyed doing the inspection.  Then after driving all over and locating the comps I turned to Pittsburg but was running late.  The agent had arrived early but was very gracious. The house was basic and located across the street from a new school, is that a positive or a negative?  If you have little children it is very positive, if not maybe not so much.

Then it was a long drive to Saratoga, then to Los Gatos and finally to yet another home in Los Gatos.  The last one was my favorite.  Great family with triplet boys and twin girls, the house was large and everyone had their own space, the kids were well spoken, funny and obviously loved life.  The property had a huge pool, a barn, a monster backyard and a kitchen with 2 dishwashers, the second home of the day with 2 dishwashers, you have 2 dishwashers right?!

By now it was dark and I got to talk to Jason again, he had little Timothy back to the doctor again with more fever and coughing.  Oh my little family needs all of our prayers, they can't catch a break right now with colds, fevers, up all night with coughing and a mom and dad both very busy with their respective tasks, teaching and being taught, wow how I wish I could help them.

Tomorrow is the other kind of day for an appraiser.  I am working in all day, will pick up Keanna at 1:15 from school and will write at least 4 reports tomorrow God willing.

I heard from the auto shop today, my bug is ready and waiting, now just back up with a Brinks truck and dump out all the money!  Yikes auto repair is expensive.  Hope it goes for a very long time now.

Got to talk to my brother for a long time driving home, sure speeds up the trip to chat.  When he comes maybe we will go for an RV trip, time to get it out and make it work again.

Well bed is calling, laundry is completed and life goes on.

Love to all,

Tim

PS, so thankful to arrive in my own garage tonight, thankful to have a home, pets and a bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment