Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WINTER IS HERE

What ever happened to sunny california?

This morning I rolled out of my lovely little nest to be greeting from shivering temperatures, I had left the slide open about a foot, wow it makes a difference.  So I quickly turned on the trusty heater that George and Yvonne brought out to us so many winters ago when our furnace was broken and we were cold.  I love that heater and have used it ever since.  Now it stands on duty in my bathroom dressing area and its the first dial I turn when I get up.  Instantly it begins to drive away the chill.

I had also decided that I would start with the treadmill once again.  So I started it and its seemed fine, then I stepped onto it and within 5 minutes it had dumped me almost off the side.  I had thought it was a slipping drive belt but I discovered that as soon as I asked for a different exercise program it worked well.  I managed 15 minutes today and the world did not seem so cold after that.

I came downstairs to a warm world, both the wood stove and the forced air furnace had joined forces to bring the temperature up to 68, later after some wood was added the temperature climbed to 71 which was nice.

I had my breakfast of Steel Cut Oats and a couple vege sausages on thin bread and a banana.  I was ready to go.  And soon it was time to leave for San Ramon.  I found a very nice home, a great lady with a 9 month old little boy and had a pleasant but chilly experience measuring the home.  Then after the comps were shot I found Starbucks and the day got better.

Back home I picked up Keanna from school where she was anxious to tell me about the mission she, her mom and dad had constructed the night before for a school project.  Keanna kept busy with popcorn, frosting (her desert), Mandarins, water and whatever else she could find.  She enjoys the fire burning keeping the room warm and cheery.  At 4:20 Nikki picked up Keanna and dropped off Kallie for a short visit.  She had fun leading Pooka around and sipping hot chocolate from the Kuerig Machine.  Later I dropped her off, got to see Steve's new office, inspected the new bunny cage and headed back home.  I veered into Subway and they had that wonderful soup.  The meal was great.

Now I'm home and about to call it a day.

I do have a special prayer request this evening, Timothy, Jason and Jo's little kiddo is still sick and not getting better.  Would you join me in praying for this very special little guy and for the rest of the family as well.  Jason found out today that he won an award in his writing class at law school, great news.  He is enjoying the whole experience very much but having Timothy ill presents the whole family with the challenge of who can care for him.  We just need him well.

Sending love to all this evening,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment