Thursday, January 3, 2013

Long Drive with little results today

Good evening
This morning I drove to Kaiser and was there at 8:30 only to be told my appointment was a phone appointment.  The reluctant girl at the desk checked with my Doctor and he pulled me into a side office and we spoke for a few minutes.  It was helpful and I'm going to move forward with a diabetes expert at Kaiser to try to figure out how to deal with blood sugars and my life style which is somewhat chaotic to say the least.  Then I went to the lap and had a blood draw, he added an extra test and from that my triglycerides are high but my basics are looking pretty good, the cholesterol was 115 which is not bad.

After Kaiser I drove home and worked a bit, called and found out how to download a new software program I purchased in September.  Now its working but there is so much to learn about making it work well.

At 1 pm I left for Hollister where Dr. Clark practices dentistry.  I arrived on time at 3 and he quickly took a look.  Bad news, a molar next to the last one had a broken side and will need a crown, ouch, that is about $1,000 bucks plus there may need to be a root canal and that is another $1,000 if needed, even more ouch.  What I love about Dr. Clark is he does his own work, he makes the crown in his own lab, he does the root canal if one is needed and he is very fair in what he charges me.  He was so pressed for time today that he could not little other than an xray.  So one hour later I was driving the two hour trip back home.  I return on the 16th for an afternoon of joy and bliss, NOT!

I came home to more orders and a chance at working with the new software, gradually I'm getting the hang of it, now Jessie will have to learn how it works too and we need to get it working in both of our computers, another important step.

So in some ways I've accomplished little today but I did get a chance to listen to 4 hours of a great book that Lois loaded for me, its probably a chick book but I'm really enjoying it, not sure what that says about me but I'm still enjoying it. 

These days I'm not even listening to much news, just makes me so angry, can you imagine, we are going broke as a country, borrowing over 50 cents on the dollar from china and suddenly federal workers are given a raise, taxes are raised $40 for every $1 dollar of savings, that the deal reached means we go more in debt, not less and our president spends another 7 million on a vacation to Hawaii, give me the days when George Bush just went to his ranch so secret service people could be home with their families for Christmas and the cost was minimal.

If I ran my own personal budget the way the federal government does I would be borrowing thousands of dollars every month to pay my bills going deeper and deeper in debt with no hope of recovery, it would be immoral if I did it but our government can do it, deeper and deeper all the time and the press does not even mention what is going on, no one seems to care and if they do they are labeled alarmists or out of touch.

Jason often says that the pendulum swings both ways for political parties, well I'm sure going to enjoy it when it starts swinging to reason and responsibility instead of pretending there is no tomorrow and just spending and spending.

Well I've enjoyed my day and been able to accomplish a bit of work but now its time to settle in and really start to accomplish things.  I'm feeling great and I'm refreshed, thank you Lord for a wonderful season with the family and for enough resources so I could make some of their dreams become reality.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment