Saturday, January 5, 2013

Lunch with the Ahns

Good evening to friends and family,

Its cold around here, now I know its not cold like places like Rhode Island or Weed California but for California its cold.  I rolled out at 7 this morning and if the alarm was not so awful sounding I would have rolled over and snuggled in. But it is located across the room and sounds awful so I had to get up and once up I just stayed up.  The shower was hot, the morning was crisp, poached eggs for breakfast and then the word that the girls were taking the day off so I drove to church myself, enjoyed a good sermon and then had lunch.

I had the high privilege of having lunch with the Ahn family.  It was great to just catch up, Sylvia just home from Japan and Michael and family, Sylvia's mom, a happy group to be sure.  It seemed the food tasted better than usual, that is what happens when you are with people you love.

Once I reached home I stoked the fire into an active flame and enjoyed some resting time, I had a chance to catch up with neighbors, Gary is just home from Australia where he visited Monica who is now married to a vice president for Owens Glass. Monica used to work for our little company many years ago.  Gary had a great trip and enjoyed spending time with the little ones.

Now I'm enjoying a nice evening watching a Borne movie on Direct TV, great story and the fire is dying down., A grilled cheese sandwich and soup was for dinner.

Tomorrow morning I'm in Richmond at 10 for an inspection. Then its back home to crank out reports and get totally caught up.

I'm so thankful that my heart is working correctly again,  I desperately need to get back into the routine of walking the three miles a day.  My body needs water and exercise and I'm shorting it on both.

This has been a good day and lunch with the Ahns was its high point.  These are very special people, all of them and its just enjoyable to spend time with them.

Well now for sure its time to head to bed.  Sending love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment