Monday, January 28, 2013

A nearly perfect day

Oh it seemed early when the alarm sounded this morning this morning and then to discover that the furnace still refused to work made it even more special.

Jessie had worked on a file on Friday and I decided I would try to complete it this morning.  So after a quick shower in very hot water ( to offset the very cold room) I set to work.  She had done a pretty good job writing as much as she knew.

I had a deadline of 8 am to leave and as the minutes counted down I despaired that I would not be able to complete it.  Still I kept working.  At 8:25 I emailed the report, then jumped in the car and headed out.  At 9:05 I pulled up in front of the home and they of course didn't even remember I was coming.  But it all worked out and soon I was on the road to Martinez to do a driveby appraisal, then it was to Richmond and I was an hour early.  Good thing as the place was a disaster.  A very old home, over 100 years old waiting on its corner for my inspection.  I found a mixture of recent work, very old work, some great spots and some really awful spots.  Very interesting.  I was told by the agent that the quanset hut garage was accidentially shipped to Richmond Virginia before finally being shipped to Richmond California.  Not a small mistake for a huge structure like the steel roofed garage.

Once I was through in Richmond I drove to Dublin and inspected the nicest condo I ever saw.  It was over 2100 sf and totally beautiful.  The owner told me he has lived many places, was in the oil business and lived in Houston several times.  He worked for Shell Oil over the years and spent time in London, Conn. New York and lastly in Arizona where they retired.  But their grandchildren lived here in Lafayette so they moved to be near them.  The owner was right on the edge of being cranky the entire time on the phone and in person.  I later learned he is always cranky, too bad because he has such an interesting life he has lived.

Then it was on to Tracy for the last one of the day, what looked normal on the outside turned out to be less so inside.  The way some people live amazes me and the place was filled with unfinished projects.  Really got me thinking about my own life and place.  While I was at the Tracy property Sean texted me to say the furnace was repaired and i could pay him tomorrow.  He is one of Steve's inner circle of friends and i swear that group can do nearly anything.  He complained that the furnace looked pretty bad inside but its been several years since it has been given any service.  He was right, when I came home it was busy heating the house and doing so in a much quieter way than before.  He is sort of a miracle worked.

This evening I sat down, went on line and ordered a new radio for the bug.  Its radio has died its final death and now I'll have one that plays XM, plays a CD, has a connection to ipod and is bluetooth so when i step into the car my phone will connect and i can answer the phone through the radio and be hands free as i drive plus I'm assuming the radio quits until the phone call is over.  pretty amazing really.  Steve has promised he will help me install it.  Will be nice.  The radio will arrive next week and I got it tax free, free shipping and with a free install kit as well.

This evening I had dinner with a friend in Tracy, what fun to just chat about interesting stuff and share good food.

Now to bed,  love to all, dishwahser is unloaded and reloaded, RO water jug is filled and back in place and I'm sipping a mocha and watching a DVR of Mentalist.  Always good to enjoy.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment