Sunday, January 6, 2013

Laid back Sunday

Dear Family and Friends,

Rolled out at 8 this morning, had a quick breakfast of steel cut oats and poached eggs and hit the road.  It was a cold rainy morning with gloom hanging over every mile.  But the subject property turned out to be a nice surprise.  Located on a flag lot, that is a lot which has a long driveway to a lot that opens out behind other properties.  This one has a view from nearly every side and was custom constructed many years ago.  The owner was outside carrying away Christmas wrappings and packages to the trash and his little 5 year old grand daughters was everywhere, cute as a little bug and totally curious about life.

Once I was through with the house and shot the comps I headed home, the sun was peeking through here and there but there was still some rain as well.  Once home I unloaded the car and wrapped myself in a blanket and took a nap, it was hard to wake up and several times I just stuggled down and went back to sleep again.  Finally I headed upstairs, changed my clothes to work ones and went outside, found the wheel barrow and started moving wood.  I made several trips and filled the wood carrier on the back porch, just steps from the slider to the family room where the wood stove is.  Then it was out front where I put away my wonderful snow globe in its seasonable box, took down the Christmas lights and put away my other feeble Christmas decorations.  Then I rolled the garage cans out for tomorrow morning pickup and came back into the warm house.  I made dinner, built a nice new fire and watched several episodes of the Good Wife, a program I find enjoyable. 

Now its time to crash, I'm tired and getting more and more anxious about finding a motivation to get moving again with long walks, get back to the gym and eat better.

I enjoyed having conversations with Jason and with my brother Jerry, it is snowing where Jerry lives in Weed and Jason and Jo are busy trying to seal up their apartments so smoke from both sides does not leak in, can you imagine, smoke seems to come right through the walls, how awful.

So I'm sending love to all and my special prayers for those are experiencing really sad times.  This life we live right now tends to be filled with trouble and grief.

Oh Lord give us your peace and your presence even when bad things happen.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment