Saturday, January 26, 2013

Sabbath took an interesting turn today

Good evening,

Ken and I started the day with a 3 mile walk.  I wore the heart monitor so it would be possible to know exactly what my heart rate was.  It started off in the high 50s and reached 91 at the highest for the entire walk.  I felt great, nothing was sore, I was warm enough and it was really nice to catch up with friend Ken's life.  He is the new head of the Brentwood Chamber of Commerce and will do a great job, he cares about his community, its schools and its general health.  They donate to worthy causes all through the year and sponsor great events.

Once I arrived back home Pooka was very upset, she wanted to know why I didn't take her but I'm not sure she is up to a 3 mile walk, we will work up to that with her.

Breakfast was steel cut oats and a local orange.  I was beginning the trip to Tracy to attend church when Nikki texted me to ask what my day looked like.  Turns out Kallie was even more sick than yesterday so detoured by their home, picked her up and she spent the day at Pappas with a warm fire burning, under a nice blanket, with a water bottle next to her on one side and a box of Kleenex on the other side.  For the first couple hours she really coughed almost constantly and her little nose was running but then gradually as the day passed I think her fever lessened a bit and the coughing was much less often.  Her mommy came about 5 and she was so happy to see her.  As it turned out I was ready for a day without an agenda so being here with Kallie, being able to watch Dwight Nelson preach the sermon and to get to enjoy the music from the Loma Linda Church, it all worked. 

Using Netflix we were able to located some children's programming that helped pass the time.

Tomorrow is a different story, up early and write write write, need to complete about 4 reports tomorrow.

It is very precious time to spend with a child when they don't feel so good, so glad I was here to help, it also saved the day for Nikki and Keanna who spent time with long time friends and that was really great.

So now its bed time. 

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment