Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hobbit - my first 3D IMAX movie

Well it seemed I found myself alone and bored this evening, the firewood bin was filled, a new light bulb installed under the canvas cover on the boat, helps to keep it dry inside.  So I checked the local listings on the web, found the Hobbit and drove to Brentwood to see it.  I happened to see it in IMAX size and 3D which I found very enjoyable and easy to watch.  It certainly is exciting and reminded me of when Jason and Nikki first were introduced to reading the books way back when.

Once the movie was over I walked across the street at the Streets of Brentwood, our upscale outdoor mall and found Grazie's still open.  Grazies is a local restaurant that makes some very good food.  I am very fond of their Zucchini soup and when I ordered a bowl this evening I had no idea the bowel was the size of a table plate.  The soup was hot, the decaf came in a mug that must have held a pint and the whole experience was excellent.  As I nearing the end of my meal a person with a badge around his neck came around and carded everyone and gave us each a white wrist band.  I think that's the first time I've ever been carded in my whole life, I don't really get out much.  As I walked out a DJ had set up shop, the tables moved back creating a dance floor.  The music was up a few notches, like very loud and you could feel the beat in your body.  I was amazed that Brentwood has a bit of a night life and I found a few people milling about outside with the music slipping out to the street.

This morning Kallie and Keanna joined me for Sabbath School.  Though wary of going they both enjoyed it a lot.  We had lunch at Strings and the girls ate pretty well and played with their new toys just obtained from an exhaustive search in WalMart.  It is so enjoyable to watch how their minds work and of course how they know how to work me but I'm the winner as I get to see what makes them tick, it also gives their parents some time off to do what they need to do.

It was so beautiful on the back deck this afternoon, the lake looked like dark glass, not a ripple other than when a great Blue Heron or a Canadian Goose would land and stir things up.  Then the sun began to set and the western horizon glowed orange and yellow.  It was a special moment.

I hope your weekend is progressing nicely, that you are getting your batteries charged emotionally and that you have time to spend with those you love and care about.

Sending you all love tonight, I noticed that I've had 40,000 hits on the blog over the past few years.  What fun!

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment