Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An afternoon with Dr. Clarke - dentist!

I'm writing from my office and I feel the evening cooling down outside, my trusty weather station says 37 at the present time. Brrrr.  Soon I'll head into the family room, watch Hawaii 50 and put more wood on the fire.  Today as I was not going to be here for long I didn't build a fire.  I was sorry all day as once the furnace kicked back for the day it got cold, really cold

I worked from 6:30 until 12:40 today jamming out as much work as I could finish.  Then it was time to hit the road.  Having a choice of going through San Jose and down 101 or down 5 I decided on the latter.  5 is a couple miles longer but free of traffic and one can move fast down the road.  True it is boring but I had a very good Jack Ryan book to listen to so the trip went as quickly as 72 mph could take me.

Upon arriving the doctor quickly began his work.  Dr. Clarke does not waste time, he knows what needs to be done and he works quickly and with confidence.  For some reason I don't gag when in his chair.  He did some grinding on what is left of the rear mollar and then put some soft stuff in and told me to bite down for 2 minutes.  His very nice assistant counted off the seconds and soon the 2 minutes was up and I could resume life for a bit.  In a few minutes he was back with a temporary which he inserted into the tooth and told me to bite down again for 2 minutes.  I did and we were done for today.  He had asked me if I had any pain over the past week with the tooth missing its filing.  I had not experienced pain but I knew something was not right for that tooth.  Now this evening I'm wondering if I should have let him go ahead and do the root canal as I'm having some pretty heavy duty pain.  I called Sylvia and she suggested extra strength Tylenol, which is not a blood thinner so I have two of them under my belt along with a bottle of water.  The pain is less now and I'm going to head to the family room to watch the fire and relax. 

For dinner tonight I made half a can of soup which went down well and what chewing I did was done on the other side of my mouth.  I guess by tomorrow the temporary filling will be set and I can resume sort of normal eating.  I'm going to stay away from nuts until I get the new crown which will be on the 31st of this month.  Dr. Clarke was very decent when billing for the work and I really appreciate that as well.

I've been working since I came home but my heart is not really in it at the moment.

Sending love to all and thankful for a safe 4 hour trip.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment