Sunday, May 2, 2010

A busy and productive Sunday

Dear Family and Friends,
For those of you who are still having trouble accessing the new blog I am so sorry, of course you will never know I am sorry if you can't get to the blog to read what I just wrote, duh.
Ken and I beat the pavement this morning and the wind was buffeting us the entire time.
Once we made it back I had steel cut oats with a teaspoon of mocha mix, tasted great! I also had a slice of my own bread I baked and some OJ.
After breakfast I headed to the office which is about 15 steps away. I settled in and made great progress in working on an appraisal of some bare land located here in the area. Soon it was time to drive to Manteca to see a ranch with 7 acres, large barn, nice house and wonderful people. I feel like I've made friends for life now. It was hard to get away.
Then it was up to Stockton to see a little place with a big lot, older but in pretty good condition, the couple selling had broken English but we did fine. Since it was an FHA report I did the attic inspection with my trusty Ray and Lois gifted ladder. On the back part of the large site they had many cords of firewood, I mean a lot of wood being stored.
While I was driving around a call came in from a person considering purchasing a house in Discovery Bay, he needed an appraisal, could I come today, well yes I can and so I am just finished with seeing a house located about a block from my own house and yes they are paying with a credit card this evening. Manteca was cash money and I just might be able to cover the house payment by tomorrow, wonder of wonders and thanks once again to a kind helpful heavenly Father.
Over the weekend Jerry Lammerding left sad news. Barbie's mom has passed away. She has been an amazing woman, lived by herself in her home in Loma Linda and has been an incredible mom to her family. Barbie and Marilyn will miss their mom a lot. I think the service is the first of the week. Oh this old world can be such a sad place when we lay to rest those dear to our hearts.
This week is lining up to be one with a whole lot of work being done and little else. Thursday night is coming and with it I need to be caught up with work.
I trust your weekend has been meaningful to you and restful. Are you fortified for the upcoming week? I can sure recommend that you take daily walks to give your body a chance to wake up. As much as I groan while I'm in the middle of an exercise still my life is so much improved as a result. I intend to be younger next year!

So I send my love to all,

Tim

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim,
    Another try at posting a comment.
    Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tim,

    Looks like i finally found the KEY to posting a comment.

    I selected as a "Profile" Anonymous.

    Bob & Carrol.

    ReplyDelete