Monday, May 17, 2010

Caring for the girls

Dear Family and Friends,
The day started with a quick trip over to Steve and Nikki's house.  Nikki was already gone to her work for the department of energy for the federal government and Steve was about to leave for his day of work as well.  I settled into the recliner and checked out the morning news, nothing exciting there, just more bad news, traffic piled up and rain coming.
Soon I heard the first indications on the monitor that Kallie was waking.  She wakes up so happy and I could hear her playing in her crib.  Eventually I took a bottle of milk up and spoke to her in the semi darkness for a bit.  She was happy to see her Papa.  Later I returned to snatch her out of the crib, change her diaper and get her dressed for the day.  She does a very good job of pulling on her own shirt and even tried to help with the little socs.
About then Keanna came to the door and talked happily to Kallie after which we all headed downstairs.  I made breakfast  and then it was time to load up.  None of these things happen quickly when you have two little ones.  I quickly delivered Kallie to her sitters and then took Keanna to her school.  Everything had gone great.
Then it was back to the office for quick research and a relocation appraisal in Brentwood.  Then it was back to the office after picking up a bunch of meds at CVS and brief stop at Taco Bell for a burrito.
Once home I attempted to make an appointment for a property in Oakdale.  The report is due tomorrow and the appointment came through so I quickly loaded the car and headed out.  Everything went fine and after shooting 8 comps I headed directly to Brentwood and Weight Watchers.  I set myself up by saying that if I'd not gained more than 5 lbs on the Costa Rica trip I would be OK. Turns out I had lost an other.6 lb so now I'm down 14.6 pounds.  I continue to feel great but I did have a nasty bout of coughing today, bummer.
Tomorrow I'm out again to see something in the morning and then come back to write things up that are due tomorrow.  Today was an overcast dreary day that can sap ones enjoyment yet its OK.  The house is tidy, the dogs are happy I'm back, I'm eating the right things, feeling great and can't wait to get out and meet new people.
I just completed a book on the IPOD, what a great device and my friend Lois has put about 18 books on the IPOD so I have no trouble finding the next one to listen to.  I've just completed listening to an Alex Cross book this afternoon and they are always well written and affirm family as in the story he is close to his kids and mother who lives with them.

So good night my friends,

Love to all

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment