Saturday, May 15, 2010

Keanna spends the night, Kallie goes to Sabbath School, Papa smiles!









Dear Family and Friends,
I'm just in from mowing the lawn, the sun sets fast but my yard is so small I can mow it by the porch light.  Instead of my usual Sabbath nap I spent my time on the back deck playing with flowers, drip systems, moving table about and enjoying a perfect day. 
I cannot begin to explain how good I feel since coming home from the trip.  I am all for humid weather and tropical travel if the end result is to feel this good, to be this positive and to be able to move freely without joint pain, with almost no hunger at all and with a huge desire to mix it up with life again.  In some ways it seems like the time of mourning has passed and in spite of huge obstacles with slow work, bills I feel like I'm ready to live again.
When I got home after dropping Kallie off as I changed my clothes I found myself sorting tee shirts, shorts that have not fit in years, organizing winter clothes to the back of the closet, putting away sweaters and in a few minutes things were in much better order.  Its not like I plan to wade into projects, they just sort of jump out at me and instead of putting them off lately I just attack.
I would like to report I had a nice lunch but I can't remember what I had, must have been real significant or not.  If I have one word of advice to people seeking to feel better, dump weight, be able to move more and easier its drink water, not a glass but a bucket and just keep drinking, Keep bottles everyone you might be and just grab the one nearest and drink, skip the soft drinks when you can, avoid the sugar drinks totally and drink the water, after a bit you get used to it and you crave it.  I hate water usually but I've found these wonderful bottles that come in boxes of 24 at CostCo, they have blue lids that can be closed so there is no leaking if they fall over, they fit in your hand easily.  Drink drink drink.
Right now the dryer is driving me nuts, every rotation of the drum puts out a horrible squeak, I mean mind numbing even with the door closed so I guess you know what I'm going to tackle next, out comes the drying from the wall and in goes the grease or WD 40.  This noise has got to go.
I've never benefited more from a short vacation than this one, the timing, the interaction with people, the high level of activity, the outstanding fruit plates everywhere, best pineapple I've ever had and lots of it at all meals.
I sincerely hope things are progressing well for you in your life.  No matter how old or young you are you can reach out and take control, the Lord is waiting for you to go for it and then the adventure starts again.

I'm going to share some photos taken by Rick Carino of the wedding.  I want to share them so you can see just how beautiful the setting was.  It was unforgettable.
Love to all,

Tim




No comments:

Post a Comment