Wednesday, May 12, 2010

On the way, what a beautiful place Costa Rica is

Dear Family and Friends,
Tonight I'm writing from the lobby of the Presidente Hotel in the heart of San Jose, Costa Rica, a city of perhaps a million people.  I'm staying over tonight before heading out on a plane at 12:30 tomorrow for Houston and then one to SFO where I will catch BART for Dublin where I will catch a ride due to the kindness of Sylvia Ahn.
Today we had breakfast at our hillside hotel and then went to town for a little shopping for precious kidos.  Then back to the hotel for a snorkeling trip out onto the open ocean.  The two young guys piloting the boat were very nice and had decent equipment.  I had a very enjoyable time in the ocean for a couple of hours chasing fish and getting burned.  I'm pretty tired tonight but was very sad to drive away from the group at around 5 this evening for an eventful trip on two lane roads, slow trucks, a bus accident and a final arrival to find people already in our room.
It is hard to put into words the joy of being with such nice people and I miss them all already.  Yet I'm very ready to get home, to see my doggies, my precious family, my helpful neighbors, mow my lawn and get back to work.  Steve has been a great help while I've been gone.
So I'm sending Costa Rica greetings to all.  How I wish you could come back with you so you could enjoy this very special country, kind people, many pockets of poverty but very clean, hard working, busy people.  The rest of the group is traveling on to the volcano region tomorrow where there are hot springs, mountains to climb and more fun to be had.  I wish them well as they go.
Love to all you precious friends and family,  You are the best there is.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment