Friday, May 28, 2010

Life is great

This adventure we call living certainly can be exciting.  I started this day by walking around the lake in the beautiful morning air, then I made breakfast, 2 eggs, toast, vege sausage and strawberries.

It was straight to work and after writing two reports with a quick lunch break I was ready to unwind.  Lois and I went shopping and searched for a small brass part that is needed to make the BBQ work for the motorhome again, no luck, the part is rare, not even located on the Internet yet.  Then we went to purchase dog food, treats and a big bone for Jazz, her yellow lab.

Once we got home I decided to pull down the bike that hangs over my car in the garage, its so much easier to get down now than a year ago.  I put air in the tires and enjoyed a nice ride to the storage yard where the motorhome resides.  Once I got it home I started to work on the BBQ hookup thinking I could probably force the issue and make the quick connect work again, no such luck this time.  Finally I gave up and came in, made a 100 calorie bag of popcorn and I'm writing to you dear friend.

I enjoyed a long talk with a special friend today and we remembered motorhome trips, camping and the wonders of church life from past years. I'll miss him on this upcoming trip.  At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to carry the paddle boat to the campout.  I think it would be enjoyed by many people if we could just get it there.  Lois thinks she has lined up a little trailer I could use and I've also thought of hoisting it onto the top of the motorhome.  It has been my experience that camping is more fun when you can not only sit by the water but also be on the water as well.

Kallie and her mother came to visit briefly this afternoon, Kallie lights up the room with her 100 watt smile, is busy with dolls, toys, puppies and the adventure of being at Papa's house instead of her own.  I can't wait until she turns 2, imagine 2 years old, how very special.  She has learned to sing Happy Birthday and now sings it to herself.

In the morning I have the rare privilege to convey both young ladies to Sabbath School.  It is always a blast to see they enjoy such a good thing so much.  Both Kim and Sylvia do a great job of teaching and along with Wes, Rod and Pat its time well spent.  Keanna got her precious yoyo at school but I've not seen it yet.  She counted out her money and had it ready to take to school to make the purchase.  She didn't know that her mother had sent a check so she paid for it herself, pretty cute.

I'm having dinner with a long time friend tomorrow evening.  We have worked together over the past few years, she ordering appraisals and helping us both.  Now she is considering purchasing a little condo and needs my advice, well advice is best given over a nice dinner.  Its sort of a new experience for me as she is somewhat taller than me and pretty attractive, it will be challenge for me to take this new step in life with someone like her, this is another of those times in life when you just have to walk forward even though you might be very afraid and unsettled.  I can do this, I eat all the time, right!  Now my dear friend, don't expect full disclosure on how it goes, there are some things that need to stay private.

So good night my friends,  this week I lost an important client and so far have received 5 orders from a new one, one never knows what will happen next but I never walk alone.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment