Sunday, May 23, 2010

The New Week looms large

Dear Family and Friends,
9 pm Sunday evening, the house is still except for quiet classical music playing through the online KDFC system, a lonely violin is playing something haunting from a live concert in Cleveland, the Cleveland Orchestra.  Life is enhanced when great music is alive and nearby.

Today has not been a day when one would want to be outside.  The wind has been buffeting the house all day.  This morning after Ken and I braved the elements I arrived home to build a fire.  It lifted the house to a livable level for the whole day, thanks once again to Jerry for bringing such excellent wood.  I made a hearty breakfast of steel cut oats, a half slice of my homemade bread, a sausage patty and grapes and strawberries.

After breakfast I settled in to work and have written two reports today, both were due and have been emailed out.  Another waits to be written but after caring for the little girls in the morning I'm off to Stockton to see two properties, then quickly return to write one of them up to email out in the afternoon.  Then on Tuesday I'm off again to see properties in Sacramento and Fairfield as well as Hayward.  Not at all close to each other.

It is nice to have work and to be able to complete it on time.  Its a sort of forced discipline and frankly I like it, I value it and I'm enjoying work again.

Next Sunday will be a very special day, Kallie is turning 2 years old and celebrating her day will be very special.  What a delight she has turned out to be, reminds me so much of her grandmother, nearly always pleasant, positive, happy and stubborn too.

Well for now I'm heading to bed.  Early for once I hope unless I am waylaid as I walk to the bedroom from the office.  It happens sometimes and two hours later I stagger to bed.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment