Monday, May 31, 2010

Art comes to visit

For those of you who know Art Diaz you will understand what a treat it is when I get to see him.  One would think that since he and Connie are retired that catching up with them would be easy, not to be.  They are always going somewhere, visiting their other home is Indio, using their RV so when Art said he was going to be up here to visit this weekend I was delighted.  He came over this morning about 7 and we did the circuit around the lake, easy stuff for him since he usually climbs some mountain as part of his walk.  Then he treated me to breakfast at the Byron Inn Cafe.  The oatmeal was perfect and the company was even better. 
Once we came back home I asked if he could help me move the paddle boat from the water behind the house to the front yard so I could power wash it and get it ready to take to the church campout this weekend at Lake McSwain.  We wrestled it out of the water and slide it on its side to the front yard where we applied the water pressure.  While much of the filth came off there is still lots of staining remaining.  Now it sits in the front driveway waiting further cleaning.  Once Art was through helping he had to go.

I came into the house and found a packet the mix for a latte on the counter.  I do not know where it came from but once I dumped it into the hot water it began to sizzle and pop.  I should have dumped it right then but I drank it.  My insides have felt like they were at war every since drinking the brew.  And now at 9:20, many hours later, they still are churning and unhappy.  I've napped and tried to rest and get past it but so far today has been a waste once Art left.

I look forward to the rest of the week.  I have several orders to attend to right away and I'm very thankful for the work.  I'm still remembering how much fun it was to attend Kallie's party yesterday.  This afternoon when I saw her for a minute she came out, hugged me and said I had a party with a big winning smile.  She certainly knows she is loved, its a nice feeling for all of us, to know someone cares in this highly busy and impersonal world.

Love to all,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment