Saturday, May 8, 2010

One could learn to enjoy this kind of day.

Dear Family and Friends,
The day is finally calming down but I can hear a rock band playing nearby, a club of some kind.  Lots of drums.  Today was enchanted.  After a very chaotic start to the morning where the rental car was appearing at 10, then earlier I finally signed for the car that Wade was to be driving and we headed out, I didn't even eat breakfast since the grave concern was we would not be able to get out at all.  This country got a new president today and that took place in a park adjacent to the hotel we were staying in.  There were hundreds of police everywhere surrounding the park and the streets.  Many heads of state came to be a part of the celebration, a woman was established as the new head of the government here.  The entire country is thrilled or at least it seems so.
I followed a car driven by Lee and family, I had no idea of where I was going at all so I had to keep him in sight.  After a couple hitches we got on the brand new highway which cuts an hour out of our trip to the next town.  It was beautiful driving and I had the two daughters of Roxanna's brother in the car.  They are a hoot and were great travel buddies.  After driving a bit over an hour we arrived in the little town.  Then we proceeded to search for the hotel.  It is a charming place with just 16 suites, has its own pool and direct ocean front beach.  My room is a suite, has a full kitchen, two large beds, a lanai out front with chairs and a table.
I spent much of the day just standing in the pool which was shaded, warm and pleasant.  The group of people I am with are decent, enjoyable and friendly people.  I've not talked or laughed this much for a long time.  Ryan and Melissa are leading a group who are going diving in the morning somewhere and I have the day to write and perfect the wedding.  I have internet, my printer, great food a few steps away and the pool by my room.
Tomorrow Ron and Lydia are arriving which will be enjoyable as I know them already for a long time.  Being in a place this beautiful really makes me long for heaven, the people here are friendly, clean and hard working.  This is an amazing country in every way.
Wade wrote to say he is doing OK in Houston while he waits to get his passport fixed on Monday.  He will miss the wedding which is so so sad but he is keeping positive.  Which would you prefer?  Be in Costa Rica or Houston?  Rough choice right.
I've included some photos I shot today around the hotel.  What an enjoyable break in my rather dull life.  I only wish my family could be here as I think everyone of them would love it kidos and all.

So for now I'm wishing each of you good night.

Love

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment