Thursday, May 20, 2010

The roll continues......

Good evening
I'm just in from a very long day of work and fun, just kidding about the fun part.
I was startled to see a little box at my door early this morning.  It was the parts I ordered yesterday afternoon from Fresno, talk about fast.  I had planned to work on the dryer tonight but I'm tired through and through so it can wait.
This morning I finally faced the piles of paper that had been collecting for months.  I was working in this valley between piles of paper, all important items but put off.  So this was the day and most of it was out of date, could be thrown away or multiple bills for the same small account.  So I write checks, paid DMV for two of my vehicles on line, paid IRS payment on line too instead of fighting the mails, finally shipped out a form to Lodi for a duplicate marriage license which I need to collect Nan's retirement.  Its a tiny amount each month but I can use tiny amounts too.  It felt good to finally get to the bottom of a very tall stack.
At 1 pm today I met with Bob Okamoto and have decided to move ahead with a comprehensive web site which will market the company through the search engines.  It will have about 7 pages and allows potential clients to see who Steve and I are as well as order appraisals, text questions or comments to us.  I have long considered doing something like this but Bob is an expert on how to reach clients as an appraiser and has worked with appraisers for some time.  We met at Starbucks and after our meeting I drove to Men's Warehouse to return the $71 shirt I purchased to do the wedding in.  On that day that I bought the shirt I cam home and found the same shirt already in my closet so I made a decision, I didn't need to be out another $71 for a shirt.  Today I took it back.
As many of you who know me well can tell it has become much easier for me to make decisions than it has been for the past 3 years.  I feel so battered by the events that led to losing Nan that I could hardly hold my head up.  Now for reasons that I partially understand things have changed drastically.  The trip was a real threshold in my life.  I am more at peace with who I am than I've been for years.  Frankly if you don't like me, tough.  I happen to like me, I know I have gifts, abilities and am still quite able to prosper and accomplish things.  I will say that I'm definitely going to expand my circle of friends and reach out to a different kind of person than in the past.
This morning in an email from Bob and Carrol I learned that Carrol is having to once again take some Chemo as her numbers are once again high enough that they need to be controlled if possible. This Chemo is something she can do at home and appears to be very manageable.  If anyone can cope and work through things it's Bob and Carrol.  Their story is a very beautiful one, their life long marriage amazing.  How I admire these people and I know they appreciate our prayers as they face this new chapter in their lives.
So my friends, enjoy your evening or morning, this is a wonderful cool time of the year and all too soon the heat will hit.  This afternoon as I inspected homes in Modesto and then Riverbank I found the air pleasant, the home beautiful and the comps nearby.  I praise the Lord for work.

Love to all

tim

No comments:

Post a Comment