Friday, May 7, 2010

Tomorrow is fly day

Dear Family and Friends,
After a very long day, up at 6 am, in Ripon at 8 am, then Modesto at 9:30, back to the office at noon, write up 4 reports, yes 4 since then, fix conditions, start to pack.  Well its now 1:40 am and I'm ready to head to bed for a few hours.

I leave at 7 in the morning for Brentwood where Jody and Wade live.  We will drive in together to the SF airport, board for a 11 am departure, arrive in Houston late afternoon, wait for 1.5 hours and then fly to San Jose, Costa Rica.

I have such mixed feelings re: the trip.  I am getting excited about visiting that beautiful country, about getting out of Dodge for a few days but also fearful of missing out on important work.  Life here is so tenuous that even a little downturn can have terrible effects, like the last two weeks with little work.  Not good at all.

I'm thankful for this opportunity to help really nice people start their married lives together.  I just pray that I'll be able to do what they are hoping for with the service.

I'm not sure if I will get to blog tomorrow or not.  We will see how things go.

So I'm sending love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great time. I'll be anxious to see what you think of Costa Rica. Are you helping them with purchasing a place down there? We've got friends here who bought a place down there, and they love it.
    Judy Cate :)

    ReplyDelete