Sunday, May 9, 2010

An idylic day in paradise

It could not really be nicer well other than have someone to share it with on a personal basis.  After sleeping well I woke to hear someone knocking at the door.  It took me a bit to get up and I saw Roxanna walking away.  Thinking she was on the beach walking I hurried into walking clothes and headed for the beach.  She was not there but then I saw Rick, they were having breakfast and what a breakfast it turned out to be.  Great eggs, potatoes, wonderful juice, spanish cheese and something like bananas fried.
Since the total objective today was to write the wedding sermon I was focussed on that alone.  Rick and Roxanna had other plans.  Soon we were in a small van heading for a river cruise with crocs and exotic birds.  We were the only ones on the cruise, Heather, Ashley, Roxanna and Rick.  Our guide was excellent and the captain of the cruise boat was sharp as well.  We saw many unusual birds and Rick took photos with his highly professional camera system capturing many of them in flight.  Toward the end of the cruise we slid up on shore and soon a croc approached.  The captain jumped on the shore and started splashing the water.  Soon a huge croc was headed our way.  The captain then proceed to feed Toranado, named so when locals saw this croc take a full size cow and whirl it around in the water until killing it.  We have some pretty good shots of the croc eating right beside the boat.
After our river cruise we had lunch and then I sat out to begin the service but as I sorted through the various emails I had been sent I began to dose off, well a long nap came next under the air conditioner.  Finally as the day wore on I settled into write.  At about 6:30 I finalized the first draft and started to print it out only to have the printer run out of ink.  Fortunately I had a backup that was still sealed in its package and works well.  That could have been a disaster.
At 7 we had a wedding dinner here at the hotel and it was excellent.  The group assembled has people that are relatives on both sides and several from Rick's company that know Ryan well.  Melissa's boss is here with her husband.  Tonight I sat with my friends Ron and Lydia who are Melissa's father and step mother and happen to be long time friends and who live in Discovery Bay.  They arrived today.
Now I'm back to the cool room writing to you my friends and family.  It has been a wonderful relaxing day and an excellent reminder of what life is about, friends, nature and beauty.  Today on the river cruise I learned that when one is in nature and surrounded by trees that you actually get an oxygen high since the trees and plants are all producing fresh supplies of just what humans need.  God is such a creative force in our lives, no wonder it feels so good to be out in nature from time to time.
Tomorrow will be an adventure once again.  I'll tackle the roads in the rental car and drive to the destination where the wedding is to be held.  I will conduct the wedding in very warm weather and then drive back to this hotel for the night before heading out to the next destination the next day. 

Sending love to all,

Tim

1 comment:

  1. Tim,

    Thanks for the updates. As you know Costa Rica is where Art and I fell in love. We were there again last year. I'm so glad that Lidia and Ron made it safe, we are hoping that Wade gets there soon. Enjoy every minute in Costa Rica! We are enjoying ourselves in the desert.

    ReplyDelete