Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Long Successful Day

8:30 and I'm delighted to finally be at my desk in the home office.  I could not sleep this morning after about 3 am, got up when the alarm went off at 5:45 and enjoyed having breakfast with the girls and delivering them to their places for the day.  The I rushed home, loaded up the briefcase, water and snacks and set out for Sacramento.  The first place was not all that great but the comps were nearby.  Then I drove to Fairfield and arrived early for the next appointment.  By this time rain was threatening to fall and I measured quickly.  This home was really nice and the buyers were there to see their home a second time.
After Fairfield the next stop was Hayward and once again I arrived early.  For this one I had a coded lockbox so I didn't have to wait for anyone, just did my job.  It was a three story high townhome near the airport.  Once that job was completed I headed over to the last property of the day, a totally updated little house that was so perfect but is selling well above the other comps, yikes that is always a challenge.  I can see why the buyers were willing to pay the price but I have to rely on what other buyers have been willing to pay in the area.
Once that one was completed I turned for home and while traffic was nasty coming through Pleasanton I had a good Alex Cross book playing which helped the time pass quickly.
Now I'm home to discover one of the orders has cancelled, of course it is the last one I got from the company where I will not be getting any more work.
Now I'm faced with trying to to figure out which appraisal report to write up first.  Its not an easy choice since I have so many right now.
I must say I enjoyed calls today from Sylvia who seems to be a mind reader, knowing just when  friendly call is needed.  Talking to Nikki also was a huge boost as she knows the stress I live under with finances stretched to the breaking point and long lags with no checks coming in.  I also heard from Jason and is is facing the last day of the school year and graduation this weekend.  I think he is ready for a change of pace.

Keeping hold of the good vibes of life is pretty challenging today.  I'm meeting a friend at a place she wants to purchase this weekend, she just wants a second opinion and that scares me, one hates to be wrong in advising others in what steps they should take.  If your advice turns out great then they could depend on you for the next advice and if it turns out lousy then its your fault.

Human relationships are so exciting, yet complicated at the same time.  I'm constantly amazed at how dull some people are, just content to be part of the masses with no desire to achieve and I'm also struck in awe at some who are leaders, who think big thoughts, plan bold moves and seem to have success as a middle name.

Knowing God's will for ones life should come much easier at my age but I nearly always wonder what is next, what God has in mind, what I should do next or not do.  I've always wrestled with knowing God's will or could it be I just don't like to accept His direction or suggestions.  Can I just say it one more time, I miss Nan who had no trouble making decisions, had a very clear head about life and led an uncluttered life.  Everyone knew where she stood on everything and she didn't care if one liked it or not.  She cared about people but not about stuff, or power, or swaying others opinions of her.  I miss her stability, her charms, her good cooking, great pies, fun planning and her humor which was pretty dry at times.

Well its time to find some soup and I think head to bed.  Tomorrow promises to be another challenge and I want to be ready for it.

Love to all, friend and family

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment