Friday, May 14, 2010

A solid day that ends with joy, Keanna is here for a sleep over.

Good evening
Keanna is finally resting in her mom's old bed, I somehow fail to get her to bed as soon when I'm supposed to.  Perhaps it goes with visiting Papa's house.

I woke at 6:30 this morning after finally going to sleep at 2 this morning.  I've not been sleepy all day and have been amazingly productive.  Orders are set up, bills paid, an appraisal written, appointments made and on a person level, the floors are mopped, all the laundry from the trip is completed and hung up, the sheets are clean and the grocery shopping is completed.  Keanna offered to make the shopping list and it was so cute.  Using her best spelling and sounding it out we took our list to the store and found all the things we needed.  $71 later we strolled to the car.  I showed her how to test veges to see if they are ripe, she selected tomatoes, avocado and grapes.  We had a great time finding our way around the store.  Her ability with the language is amazing to me and her side comments are just funny.

Now finally she sleeps, what a kid, changing right before my eyes.  I'm gone a week and it seems she is older and wiser.

So a day that started with almost panic, the state I found myself in this morning when I first woke up gradually changed, it changed as I began to take action.  There is a time for thinking but there is also a time to set the thinking and rethinking aside and begin the actions.  I jumped out of bed, stripped the sheets, prepared the laundry baskets, came down and grabbed the mop, enjoyed my steel cut oats at nearly noon today, was too busy to eat before that.

Same with my desk.  Orders were everywhere and needed to be logged and the files set up, contracts needed to be downloaded and printed so I set to work.  The phones were working for a change and rang from time to time with business related calls.  The desk is sort of cleared and there is order from the chaos of last night.

And now its Sabbath, a time to set aside the pressure and challenges of running a business and just enjoy the kidos, enjoy Sabbath School and be very thankful to God for a safe and highly enjoyable week.

Love

tim

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim!

    What a vacation you had! I'm glad you came back refreshed and ready for the busy work schedule.

    I've never been able to make this work. I'll try again.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim,
    I'll try again to see if I can make this go...

    I'm glad you had such a refreshing vacation. Sounds like you were due for one. I'm also glad that your work has picked up and things are going better for you.

    Our kids will be here the end of June. We're really looking forward to it.

    Cherish those beautiful memories and may they last a long time.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete