Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Wedding

Dear Family and Friends
I'm just back from being a part of a very spectacular wedding.  Melissa and Ryan had done an outstanding job of planning and the wedding went off without a hitch.  A little earlier it was touch and go as a heavy mountain shower hit the resort.  We watched in fascination as the shower poured over the mountain and then steam and fog worked its way up from the ocean below.  But by the time the wedding took place the skies were nearly clear, the sun setting over the ocean was unbelievable beautiful.  The wedding took place in a small area surrounded by columns and the focal point was a tiled infinity pool.  I stood in the front of the pool one step away and the bride and groom stood in front of me on a rose petal strewn path the wedding planner had created.  There were seats set for the 20 or so guests, the waiters kept us drinking lots of water.
Behind the infinity pool was space but from the seats all that could be seen was the water of the pool and then the ocean hundreds of feet below.  The entire resort was amazing and recently constructed of the highest quality materials and with heavy dependance of style and class.  The room that Rick and Roxanna had was on the side of the hill with a downsweeping valley which extended all the way down to the ocean bays below.  They had a large patio which facilitated the views.  Rick and Ryan were busy taking photos with their high quality cameras of birds flying nearby.

I was nervous about conducting the wedding as its been a long time since I did one.  The Lord was good to me and everything went exactly as planned.  It really was a very beautiful service and the wedding planner asked if I would like to be on her list of wedding speakers.  A nice thought.

I have never seen anything even close to the beauty of the place and I should mention that the food served at the dinner afterwards was excellent.  They created a pasta plate for me that was the envy of those sitting nearby, it was that good.  There was a live band and lots of dancing, I even was dragged onto the dance floor a couple times but having three left feet makes that painful for all and I quickly retreated to my chair.

It was very hot today but due to the cooling effects of the rain the wedding was performed in cooler air.  However the reception was very hot and my suit, shirt and tie really took a beating.  It was well worth it all.

Wade got here a couple hours after the wedding having obtained a new passport in Houston today.  I was going to drive back to San Jose tonight to pick him up but I was talked out of it due to the dangerous roads and conditions at night.  So a car brought him from the airport directly to the resort.  So tonight Wade is finally here.

It has been a wonderful day, these people are so fun to be around, some are wealthy, some are more like me but everyone is so kind and pleasant.  They are fun and this is a great big dose of pleasure for me that I am enjoying to the full.  I'm really starting to love life again and I can't wait to bring family to this very special country and to this hotel, its a deal and so special.

So for now I thank those who helped out today in special ways back at the office and I thank God for helping me do a decent job on the service.
Love to all,   photos tomorrow I promise. 

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment